Navigating sites in the UAE can be quite a challenge. Since the COVID-19 pandemic, a lot of effort has been put in by DIFC to digitise their processes and procedures even further. But there are some pitfalls. Therefore I’ve prepared the 10 tips and tricks for placing a digital signature on a DIFC Will.
The documents required are:
• Emirates ID or
Needed before the start of the session
- 1. Download Skype for Business. You can do that here for Windows or here for Mac (Apple)
- 2. Install the software. You might need administrator rights, so do this way before the session.
- 3. You will need two devices; a computer to follow the session and a mobile phone or tablet to place your signature. Make sure that you can receive e-mails on both devices.
Needed just before the start of the session
- 4. Make sure you have a stable internet connection. If others are using your WiFi, consider switching to 4G (of course depending on the quality of your 4G).
- 5. Use a headset if you have one and connect this to the PC or Mac.
- 6. Go to a quiet room. Preferably no kids and no pets. Tell others you are in an important meeting. If needed, tape a paper on the outside of the room saying ‘do not disturb’.
Needed for the actual session
- 7. You will receive a link for Skype for Business. You can log in as guest. And if you don’t have a lot of experience with Office365 that is what we advise to do; just log in as guest.
- 8. The meeting will start and the process of signing will start once everyone is present. You have to show your passport or Emirates ID.
- 9. You will receive a link which you best use on your mobile phone or tablet. The username and password will be revealed in the Skype Session. Use it on your mobile phone or tablet in order to place your signature.
- 10. You will be able to see your signature appearing in the document shared with you via the Skype for Business application.
No Will yet? Mail to Hilda@dutchlawyerindeuae.nl to get one drafted for you and your family.
In this link you will find a downloadable pdf with these 10 steps: